A kind of redesign
After finally updating to the latest versions of Ruby and Jekyll1 I decided it was time for changing a few things on this site. I added a proper landing page to make the site feel more like and actually site rather than just a blog.
I went back to basics and removed all of the plugins I was using which means that I can push the source code directly up to GitHub without having to build it locally first.
There’s now no tags or archive pages but that honestly doesn’t feel like a big thing. Compiling the site is A LOT faster too. It used to take a couple of seconds but now it’s done before I’ve even had the time to hit “refresh”.
I also converted all of my Sass files over to Stylus. Not because I necessarily think it’s better but it’s much more convenient since I use Node.js (and gulp) for the whole front-end build process.
Which finally works great on Windows thanks to the
encoding: utf8setting. Yay! ↩