After a lot of of hesitation I finally upgraded Jekyll
1.1.2 from using the
0.12.1 version. Quite a lot has changed and the team
is doing a great job with it. However, my old
SET LANG hack
didn’t work. I tried using another
which involves using
chcp 65001 instead but that didn’t quite work either.
Whenever I tried to launch the default server
blew up. There were errors, errors everywhere. I wasn’t going to give up so
I came up with another solution.
I now use an external server while Jekyll just auto-generates the site. I use a small Node.js web server app called nws which I use all the time anyway. I also use Grunt for task automation (here’s the source code). I also have a project called “Teeny tiny static server” which I created some months ago. It uses Rack, Rack-Rewrite and Thin to create a fast prototype web server, which may be an alternative to using a Node.js based solution. It’s not perfect but it’s better than being stuck on an old version.